I have essential items that I bring along with me on our adventures. Some items always stay in the trunk for those just in case moments. Also, we carry two items a backpack and a weekender bag on most of our trips.
What’s in my backpack?
- Diapers/pull-ups/underwear and wipes
- Epi-pen and Benadryl
- Extra clothes (for mom too) including light jackets
- Hand sanitizer
- Wet bag
- Bag with extra contact lens (for me), sunblock, first-aid box, tissues, Tylenol and doggy poop bags for our dirty diapers
I usually keep my backpack under the stroller since most of these items aren’t always used when we are out.
What’s in my weekender bag?
- A mini toddler backpack with Disney Cars/trains (anything that has wheels), J’Adore imagination lacers, books, Munchkin traveling flashcards, two dry erase activity books, and crayons and two mini coloring books.
- water bottles
- snacks – our snacks vary but I usually carry them in a container or bags with our snacks
- wallet and phone
- wipes and sanitizer (yes, I carry two of these one in every bag)
What’s in my car?
- In the trunk I carry a container bin (with lid) filled with extra diapers/pull-ups/underwear, wipes, extra clothing, pjs, a swaddle blanket used to change diapers or whatever emergency calls for it, and snacks. I do this because we are always on the road either for an excursion or for speech therapy/sport. I’m less stressed when I know I have backups and I don’t always have to replenish items in my backpack every single time.
- phone charger – because your GPS is useless without a charged phone, and for emergency purposes
- picnic blanket
- sand toys because sometimes we find ourselves in a playground that has sand
- snacks – I know some people are against eating, but for us we survive car trips by snacking especially when we are constantly on the road
- Felt books, books and magazine in front of each seat for entertainment purposes. I find these at the dollar section in Target.
- Toddler CDs – sometimes toddler music eases the tantrums during rush hour